This feature allows EclipseVPN to support the use of applications based on establishing a local proxy on the device, in this example we use Shadow Socks.
Shadow Socks establishes an encrypted tunnel between the device and the Shadows Socks server on the Internet. EclipseVPN will then create an encrypted VPN tunnel inside this tunnel, basically encrypting the data twice.
This higher level of security comes with a potential reduction in speed, and the user must decide between performance and added security.
Please note: EclipseVPN was made to operate in Iran only therefore the Shadow Socks servers must be located in Iran.
The app currently supports SOCKS4, SOCKS5, and HTTP proxies.
Please Note – The VPN must be disconnected to add, change or disable the proxy, and then reconnected to use. See below:
1. Make sure the VPN is disconnected
2. Add proxy, change proxy, or disable proxy
3. Connect VPN
Please Note – To use this feature you must have one or more local proxy applications installed, configured and connected. See Below:
1. Download and install your preferred local proxy application. In this example we use “Shadowsocks”.
2. Configure and connect your local proxy application according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Make sure it is in proxy mode not VPN mode.
3. Note the “Local Port” of the local proxy application, you will need it to configure EclipseVPN.
Local Proxy Setup
1. Acquire your local proxy’s local port number.
2. Go to “Settings”
3. Slide the “Proxy Switch” to the right to enable this feature
4. On the “Proxy Settings” page, select the “Hostname” button.
5. If you need more information, click on the help “?” icon.
6. Enter “localhost” for the Hostname. Enter the local proxy’s local port number for Port.
7. Click on the “SELECT PROXY APP” button to select your local proxy app.
8. Select the local proxy application. A search icon on the top of the screen can help you locate your application. Click on the “Tick” icon at the top of the page to confirm.
9. Acknowledge the local proxy warning
10. Click on CONFIRM.
11. Acknowledge the warning message.
12. If the proxy validation is successful, you will automatically return to the “Settings” menu and the “Enable Proxy” button will switch to the “ON” position, and you will see a “Proxy enabled” message. All connections will now go through the proxy.
If you would like to connect to another proxy click on the “Proxy Settings” button and enter the new proxy information.
13. To continue, you must now connect the VPN. Click the Back Arrow a the top of the page to take you back to the VPN connection screen.
The instructions for connecting your VPN can be found here:
Proxy enabled connection confirmed.